Savory Sausage And Mushroom Bread PuddingFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 2 tbs unsalted butter shopping list
- 10 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 medium celery, rib with leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb bulk sausage shopping list
- 12 oz firm-textured white sandwhich bread,cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 7 cups) and (set uncovered overnight in the oven) Soft bread makes a soggy pudding. Can substitute seasoned bread stuffing for bread shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they give off their juices, about 3 minutes. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushroom juices evaporate and the onion softens, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, breaking it up with a spoon, until it loses its pink color, about 10 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of vegetables.
- Stir in bread cubes, In another bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Gradually whisk in the milk, then the parsley, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir into the bread cube mixture. Pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake until the top is browned and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Serve immediately.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!