Potato And Broccoli SoupFrom omshivs 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 3/4 pounds broccoli, thick stems peeled and diced (about 2 cups), tops cut into small florets (about 1 quart) shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes (about 5), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, melt the butter over moderately low heat. Add the onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, stock, water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the soup to a coarse puree. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer. Add the broccoli florets and simmer until they are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir 1/4 cup of the grated Parmesan into the soup, and serve the soup topped with the remaining cheese.
- ENJOY! :)
The Cookomshivs London, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!