Baked spareribsFrom imhungry 7 years ago
- 1 med. onion chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pared apple shopping list
- 2 cups soft bread cubes shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. celery salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. caraway seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cups apple juice divided shopping list
- 4-5 lbs. spareribs in two strips shopping list
How to make it
- Stuffing: saute onion in butter
- Mix apple, bread cubes and seasonings. Add enough apple juice to moisten bread(about a 1/4 cup)
- Season ribs.(I use salt,pepper and garlic powder)
- Place one strip of ribs on a rack in roasting pan.
- Arrange stuffing on this strip . Cover the stuffing with the other strip of ribs.
- Use skewers to keep ribs together.
- Roast @ 375 for 1 1/2 hours reduce heat to 300 and bake for another 15-20 min. more.
- Add 1/2 cup of apple juice to pan drippings in roasting and baste during the last 45 mins. of baking.
- Remove and rest. Slice into 6 servings. I like to thicken pan juices and serve on the side like au jus!