Ham Fritters With Cumberland SauceFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups ground cooked ham shopping list
- 2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- cooking fat for deep frying shopping list
- Cumberland Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup ham drippings, free of fat shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- 2 tbs prepared mustard shopping list
- 1 cup port or Maderia wine shopping list
- 1 cup red currant jelly shopping list
- 2 tbs wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Stir the flour into rapidly boiling water and continue to cook, stirring vigorously, until the batter leaves the sides of the pan. Lower the heat and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Remove from the heat and stir in the ham. Bring the fat up to 390 degrees on a thermometer and drop the batter by teaspoons into it. Cook until golden brown all over, then drain. Serve with
- Cumberland Sauce is a fruit based sauce served with ham, venison, and lamb.
- Grate the rind of the lemon and the orange, then squeeze the juice from the fruit. Combine these with all of the other ingredients and cook together until well blended. Season to taste.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!