French Chocolate CakeFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate shopping list
- 2 egg yolks, well beaten shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sifted brown sugar shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup very strong coffee shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- rum Glaze: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup rum shopping list
- Cream Filling: shopping list
- 1 (6oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 oz evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- shaved chocolate shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 (9-inch) pans, line with wax paper and flour pans. Melt semi-sweet chocolate in double boiler. Add egg yolks. Slowly stir in buttermilk. Mix well. Cook until thick. Cool.
- With mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Sift flour with salt and soda. Add this to butter mixture alternately with the coffee. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla. Pour into prepared pans and bake about 30 minutes.
- Rum Glaze:
- Mix ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour evenly over warm cakes. Let stand in pans until cool.
- Cream Filling:
- Mix chocolate chips and evaporated milk. Stir over low heat until smooth. Do not boil. Add beaten egg. Mix well and chill. (If sauce is too thin, add a beaten egg yolk.)
- Whip the cream to ice the entire cream.
- To assemble, remove cakes from pans and generously spread a layer of Cream Filling between layers and on top. Ice cake with Topping and shave chocolate over top of iced cake.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!