Gluten Free Vegan GnocchiFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F. Pierce potatoes 2-3 times with a fork, place on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Place on racks set over a cookie sheet and bake 1 hour.
- Allow to cool until you are able to handle them, then peel them into a potato ricer or food mill basin and run through.
- Add egg replacer and beat in.
- Combine the chickpea flour and potato starch, then add to the potato mixture and blend to a fairly stiff dough.
- Divide into four even pieces and chill 1 hour.
- Roll out 1 porton of the dough into a rope about 20" long.
- Cut rope into approximately 1" pieces and place onto a lined or greased cookie sheet.
- With the back of a fork, slightly flatten each of the gnocchi See Photo. Chill 1 hour before cooking or freeze on the sheet and transfer to a freezer bag for later cooking.
- Repeat process with remaining dough.
- To cook, heat 1/2 tbsp of oil or a small amount of non-stick spray in a large skillet (or for a non-vegan version, cook some bacon until crisp and use the bacon fat). Add chilled gnocchi and cook, stirring once or twice, until well browned on all sides. Add desired sauce (don't add too much or they will fall apart) and toss well.
- Prepare recipe and shape gnocchi, freeze on the baking sheets until solid.
- Transfer to a freezer bag and store up to 6 months.
- To cook, drop frozen gnocchi into a pot of salted, boiling water and cook 3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon and drain well before proceeding with saute.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Good To Freeze126 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members