Mexican Street CornFrom TxGriffLover 6 years ago
- 6 large ears of corn, husks and silks removed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 ounce queso fresco (about 1/4 cup) or 1 ounce farmer's cheese (about 1/4 cup) or 1 ounce feta, crumbled (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to 5 inches from the broiler element and heat the broiler. Brush the corn on all sides with the olive oil and transfer to a foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil the corn until well-browned on one side, about 10 minutes. Turn the corn over and broil until browned on the opposite side, about 10 minutes longer.
- While the corn broils, stir the mayo, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, and 1/4 tsp salt together until uniform. Stir in the cheese and set aside.
- Remove the corn from the oven and brush the corn on all sides with the mayo mixture.
- Return to the broiler and broil the coated corn until the cheese coating is warm and slightly brown on top, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve with the lime wedges.
- and any remaining mayo mixture.
The CookTxGriffLover Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!