Herbed Bean And Fresh Tomato SaladFrom canned_food_fan 5 years ago
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced, ripe olives, drained shopping list
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles, drained shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped red or green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh oregano shopping list
- 4 large ripe tomatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds) shopping list
How to make it
- Preparation Time: Approximately 20 minutes
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss in beans, olives, chiles, onion, celery, bell pepper, parsley and oregano. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- To serve, halve the tomatoes through their stem ends, and cut out the cores. Cut the halves crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange tomatoes on a large, deep platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon bean salad over tomatoes and serve.
- Servings: 8
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 240; Total fat 16g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 700mg; Carbohydrate 22g; Fiber 7g; Protein 5g; Vitamin A 15%DV*; Vitamin C 30%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 20%D
The Cookcanned_food_fan Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!