Indian Pita Sandwiches For TwoFrom valinkenmore 4 years ago
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala divided shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced seeded cucumber shopping list
- 6 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro or mint shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, warmed shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded romaine lettuce shopping list
- 1 small tomato, sliced shopping list
- 2 pieces thinly sliced red onion shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to medium-high or position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler. If grilling, oil the grill rack (see Tips & Techniques). If broiling, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place the chicken on the grill rack or prepared pan and cook until no longer pink in the center and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, 4 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the size of the breast. Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cucumber, yogurt, cilantro (or mint), lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon garam masala, and 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Thinly slice the chicken. Split open the warm pitas and fill with the chicken, yogurt sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion.