Mom's Apple Pie FillingFrom rhondalynne 3 years ago
- * 1/4 c. brown sugar shopping list
- * 1/2 c. white sugar shopping list
- * 2 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- * 3/4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- * 1/4 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- * 5 to 6 cups peeled, cored and sliced baking apples shopping list
- * one double pie crust, unbaked shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients and stir carefully.
- Put in an unbaked pie shell, mounding carefully, and dot with 2 Tbsp. butter cut into small pieces.
- Top with top crust, seal edges and cut slits in the top crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with a bit of white sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cover edges of the crust with foil if they begin to get too dark.