Shredded Pork BurritosFrom mbelisle 4 years ago
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder roast (5 pounds) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 12-oz can cola shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup mayonaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 tomatillos, husks removed shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, peeled shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 16 flour tortillas (8 inches) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut roast in half. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 teaspoons paprika, pepper flakes, cumin and salt and rub over meat.
- Place meat in 4 qt slow cooker and add cola, broth,, onion and garlic. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Set meat aside until cool enough to handle. Remove meat from bones and discard bones. Shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices and return meat to slow cooker. Stir in remaining brown sugar and paprika and cover and cook on low for 1 hour.
- While meat is cooking, combine the mayonnaise, milk, tomatillos, cilantro, jalapeno, salad dressing, lime juice, garlic and cayenne. Cover and process until blended. Pour into a small bowl. Chill until serving.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon 1/2 cup filing off center on each tortilla. Drizzle with some of the tomatillo sauce. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Serve with remaining sauce.
The Cookmbelisle Suva, Fiji
- Not added to any groups yet!