Vegan Tiramisu CakeFrom alessioxvx 5 years ago
For the sponge:
- 200g plain flour shopping list
- 250ml soya milk shopping list
- 140g sugar shopping list
- 1 sachet baking powder shopping list
For the cream:
- 500g firm silken tofu (like this one) shopping list
- 500ml very strong decaf coffee shopping list
- 300ml soya whipping cream (this) shopping list
- 100g sugar shopping list
- cocoa powder shopping list
- shavings of dark chocolate shopping list
- a pinch of curcuma shopping list
How to make it
- 1. first off make the sponge. sift the flour in a large bowl, add the baking powder and sugar, then stir in the soya milk little by little and whisk the batter until it’s smooth
- 2. grease and flour a 22cm cake tin, pour in half of the batter (this means you don’t have to worry about cutting the sponge with a knife and messing it up) and bake for about 20 mins at 200C or until a toothpick comes out clean. repeat with the second half and set the cakes aside to cool down, then soak them in the coffee and make sure they are extremely wet. don’t soak them right after taking them out of the oven as they will fall apart!
- 3. liquidise the tofu with the sugar and curcuma
- 4. whip the cream for about 5 minutes, slowly add the tofu mixture to it and put in the fridge for a couple of hours to firm up
- 5. now the fun part, assembling everything together! take the first layer of cake, spread cream on it, then sprinkle some of the cocoa powder and do the same with the second layer of cake, but add the shaved chocolate on top of it.
The Cookalessioxvx London, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!