Blue Gardenia SaladFrom charrm1 6 years ago
- 1 iceberg lettuce shopping list
- 6 hard boiled eggs chopped in large pieces shopping list
- 2 small carrots finely grated shopping list
- 12-15 whole green olives stuffed with red pimentos shopping list
- 3 or 4 small fresh tomatoes (chopped) shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 oz white vinagre shopping list
- 1 cup oil (olive or canola) shopping list
- 1 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic salt shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp onion salt shopping list
- 4 garlic buds shopping list
- 1 more cup of oil (olive or canola) shopping list
How to make it
- Using a food processor, add the ingredients (in the same order as is listed under dressing) one by one while processing on high without stopping as you continue to very slowly add each ingredient until it thickens like a mayonnaise. Adding the ingredients very slowly while continuing to process the ingredients is the secret for the success of this dressing.
- Best when made 24 hours in advance so the flavours have time to blend well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve with the salad ingredients.
- Before serving, cut up iceberg lettuce, add the chopped hard boiled eggs, the grated carrots, green olives and the tomatoes. Add enough dressing on each serving and mix well. Serve.