Chocolate Buttermilk CupcakesFrom amandasequeira 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup dark compound chocolate shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 2 sticks butter, softened shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or almond extract shopping list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 175C. Line trays with cupcake liners.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on medium heat. Stir to prevent any chunks.
- In a bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, one at a time alongwith the sugar till light. Mix in the butter and beat till well combined. Add melted chocolate, the buttermilk and vanilla. Beat till well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture gradually and beat until smooth.
- Drop the batter into cupcake liners filling it 3/4 high. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer medium speed. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed till the sugar is well incorporated. Increase speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for for 3 minutes.
- After cupcakes have cooled, frost them using a piping bag or a flat butter knife.
The Cookamandasequeira Madras, India
- Not added to any groups yet!