Honey Walnut Shrimp Like Panda ExpressFrom twill10 5 years ago
- Honey Walnut Shrimp like Panda Express shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lb. 31/40 count shrimp/prawn shopping list
- 1/2 cup Walnut halves (make sure you get the walnut halves) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon condensed milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1/2 cup corn starch (for coating the prawn) shopping list
- Oil for frying shopping list
- For the Walnuts: shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Peel and deveined the shrimp/prawn. Pat dry with paper towels, add the egg white, mix well with the shrimp and set aside.
- 2. Rinse the walnut halves with water, drain and set aside.
- 3. Heat up the water until it boils and add in the sugar.
- 4. Keep stirring until it turns thick and golden color and then add the walnut.
- 5. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet/parchment paper to dry. (Regular paper will not work as the walnut will stick to it).
- 6. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
- 7. Coat the shrimp with a thick layer of corn flour and then and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Remove the shrimps from the wok and drain on paper towels.
- 8. In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, condensed milk and lemon juice.
- 9. Add shrimp and toss with the mayonnaise sauce.
- 10. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish the candied walnuts on top of the shrimp and serve immediately.