Steak QuesadillaFrom cherokee1265 6 years ago
- 1 bottle Lawrys marinade with lime shopping list
- steak, already sliced (listed below) shopping list
- 8 (12-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 flatiron steak(8 or 16 oz), thinly sliced (or you may choose steak of choice) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilles shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce(or more to taste) shopping list
- juice from 1 lime(or 1 tablespoon concentrate) shopping list
- 3 cups grated Mexican Mix cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos(optional) shopping list
- 2 cups salsa ( I buy the store brand in the refrigerated section, chunky style) shopping list
- vegetable oil, for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-Cooking - Place sliced Steak into marinade for 30-45 minutes
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in large saute pan.
- Saute Steak with green chillies, tabasco sauce and lime juice.
- Saute until Steak reaches desired doneness. Set aside.
- Lay out 2 of the flour tortillas on a flat surface.
- Top with 3/4 cup of the Mexican Mix cheese, spreading evenly over the tortillas.
- Divide 1/2 of the total amount of the steak among the tortillas and sprinkle with the desired amount of jalapenos, if you want any.
- Spread over 1 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with 2 more of the tortillas and press to seal.(Should look like a sandwich but with tortillas).
- Heat large saute pan(same one you used for the steak) over high heat (or you may use another pan).
- Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat.
- Cut into four sections.(See main picture)
- Repeat last 9 steps until all ingredients are used.
- Can be served with a side cup of MORE salsa to dip....Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- cherokee1265 Tucson, Az
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookcherokee1265 Tucson, Az
- Not added to any groups yet!