Chili Beer Hot DogsFrom goodeat 4 years ago
- 2 bottle(s) (12-ounce) beer shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion, sliced shopping list
- 3 clove(s) garlic, smashed shopping list
- 1/2 bunch(es) (small) cilantro shopping list
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder shopping list
- 1 small lime, halved shopping list
- 8 beef hot dogs shopping list
- 8 top-split hot dog buns shopping list
- Toppings: corn relish, pickle relish, onions in sauce, sauerkraut shopping list
How to make it
- Pour beer into a 5-quart Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, cilantro and chili powder; squeeze the lime into the pot and add lime halves to mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Pierce hot dogs in several places with a fork. Add to pot and gently boil 10 minutes, until hot dogs are plumped. Remove pot from heat and cover. Let sausages marinate 20 minutes at room temperature or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a grill with a medium-high heat. Remove sausages from marinade. Grill 5 minutes, turning frequently until crisped. Toasts buns on grill. Place sausages in buns. Serve with desired toppings