Crockpot Frito PieFrom hungrybear 6 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 pounds lean meat shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry beans (or 15 ounce can pinto beans) shopping list
- 4 cups water (reduce to 1 1/2 to 2 cups if using canned beans) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) package corn chips shopping list
- 3 cups shredded Monterey jack and cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, diced shopping list
- 16 ounces salsa shopping list
- 16 ounces sour cream shopping list
- Sliced olives shopping list
- NOTE: Meat may be ground, stew meat or a roast. Try using beef, pork, lamb or even game. If using a roast, cut the meat into 3-4 chunks. This will allow for easier shredding later. shopping list
How to make it
- Combine chopped onion, beef, garlic, beans, water, salt and taco seasoning in crockpot. Stir well. Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 hours.
- Before serving, shred meat by pulling apart with two forks and mix with juices.
- Serve on a bed of chips. Top with chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, salsa, a dollop of sour cream and sliced olives.
- NOTES: If using this recipe as a cook-once-eat-twice, divide meat into convenient meal portions and refrigerate or freeze for up to 3-4 months. When ready to use, heat in microwave.
- Try this recipe in tacos, burritos, and enchiladas or as a taco salad.