Baked Samosas With Sour Cream CrustFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth or water shopping list
- 3 russet potatoes, diced into small cubes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 tbs plus 1 tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh green peas shopping list
- sour cream Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup (12 tbs) salted butter, chilled shopping list
- 8 oz sour cream shopping list
- 4 tbs cold milk shopping list
How to make it
- Makes 12-16 pieces
- In a large saucepan, add all the filling ingredients except the peas. Cook over low heat, adding small amounts of water if necessary to keep it from becoming too dry, for about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add the peas and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the flour and salt in a bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and drop them into the flour. Cut in the butter with two knives until butter is the size of peas. Quickly add the sour cream and milk and mix gently, taking care not to over mix. Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Cut the dough into two pieces. Wrap one half and refrigerate it until needed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Roll out the dough into 12-inch square about 1/4-inch thick. Cut it into four (6-inch) squares. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of potato mixture into the center of each square. Fold the corners of the dough up toward the top and press the edges together to seal in the form of a pouch. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Place the pouches on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut the pouches in half and serve hot.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!