Caramel Spiced ApplesFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves shopping list
- 5 med. red-skinned cooking apples( such as Romee or Jonathan),cored and halved shopping list
- 1/2 c apple juice or apple cider shopping list
- 1 TB lemon juice shopping list
- 2/3 c caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/2 c toasted,chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In small bowl, combine cinnamon and cloves. Place half of apple halves in 4 Qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle evenly with half of cinnamon mixture. Add remaining apples and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture. Pour apple juice and lemon juice over apples. Stir to coat apples evenly.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 to 3 hours,stirring gently half way through cooking time.
- Spoon apples and cooking liquid into individual serving dishes.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with pecans.