Chili Lime Almond Butter NoodlesFrom midgelet 3 years ago
- 1/2 cup almond butter( I used more ) shopping list
- 2 tbs lime juice ( i used more ) shopping list
- 2 tbs soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbs honey shopping list
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar ( I used more ) shopping list
- 2 tsp Asian chili garlic sauce or similar shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger- or to taste shopping list
- 8 oz whole wheat fettuccine noodles ( I used a larger pkg ) shopping list
- 1, 12 oz blend oriental vegetable blend ( broccoli, snow peas, carrots, water chestnuts, etc ) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil noodles per pkg directions but cook aldente.
- Add vegetable in the cooking pasta water ( but be sure veges are not in thick chunks -you may have to cut them smaller ) and cook veges with noodles till tender, just a few minutes more.
- Reserve 1/3 cup pasta-veg water
- Drain and rinse noodles and veges
- In a bowl mix the almond butter, lime juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger and vinegar, chili sauce,mix with a whisk till smooth Add the pasta water.. if your sauce is still too thick, thin with a little more soy sauce/lime juice, rice vinegar
- Stir the almond butter lime sauce into the pasta and noodles. serve warm or chilled
- Note: when chilled the pasta and sauce get firm. So you may want to let it come to room temp or lightly wamr it up prior to serving.