Key Lime Little FellasFrom Moogie 5 years ago
- Ingredients for the Cheesecakes: shopping list
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese (use only full fat), at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 extra large eggs (I used 2 large eggs and it was fine) shopping list
- 1/3 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind shopping list
- Ingredients for lime Mousse: shopping list
- 1/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed just until spoonable shopping list
- 1 drop of green food coloring, optional shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for Cheesecakes:
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2. Put one package of the cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl a few times. Blend in the remaining package of cream cheese. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, then the vanilla. Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each one. Beat in the cream just until it's completely blended. Be careful not to overmix. Stir int the lime rind.
- 3. Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups. Place the muffin tin in a large shallow pan and add hot water until it comes about 1 inch up the sides of the tin. Bake until the cakes are set and the centers are slightly puffy and golden, about 45 minutes. Remove the cakes from the water bath, transfer the tin to a wire rack, and let cool for 2 hours. Cover the cakes with plastic wrap (don't remove them from the pan) and put in the freezer until cold, at least 1 hour. Don't worry if they settle a little in the center; you'll be filling it with lime mousse.
- Directions for Lime Mousse:
- 1. In a medium bowl, whip the cream with an electric mixer on high until it thickens and soft peaks just begin to form. With the mixer still running, add the confectioners' sugar and beat just until the cream stands up in peaks. Add food coloring if desired
The CookMoogie Atlanta, Georgia
- Not added to any groups yet!