The Bestest Tenderest Bbq Ribs EverFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 2 racks of baby back ribs shopping list
- spice rubs (I'll share my favorite, but you can use whatever you like, or even one of the commercially prepared rubs) shopping list
- BBQ sauce (I like my Favorite BBQ Sauce, here on my site, it comes from Chicago for Ribs, but use whatever you like) shopping list
- spice Rub Recipe shopping list
- 1/4 cup paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
How to make it
- To make the spice rub, mix all the ingredients together until well blended. Store in an air tight container.
- Prepare the ribs: Tear two sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil large enough to tightly wrap a rack of ribs in. Turn the rack over and with your finger, find the "membrane" starting at the short side of the ribs. Once you have this loosed, take a paper towel and get a firm grip on it, then pull it across the back toward the large end. The membrane should zip off, if the whole thing does not come off the first time, go back and find where it tore and do it again.
- Place the rack on the center of the foil and season liberally on both sides with the seasoning mix. Take both edges up along the ribs and fold down' the roll in the sides. You want a leakproof package. Place the ribs on a baking sheet (cookie sheet) and place in a 325 degree oven. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove the pan from the oven; allow to cool slightly then refrigerate for a couple hours at least, or overnight.
- When ready to finish, cut the ribs into 2 - 3 rib pieces. Prepare the grill to medium; put the ribs onto the grill and grill until heated through, basting with your desired sauce.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!