~ Dory In The Deep ~From 22566 6 years ago
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 leeks,trimmed and finely chopped shopping list
- 4 tomatoes,peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste...concentrate shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
- 1 Piece of Orance Zest shopping list
- salt and Fresh Grounded white pepper shopping list
- 8 Cups of Good Well water shopping list
- 2 Pounds of Dory(boneless)..or..red snapper...Sea Bass, would'nt be bad either...halibut, is nice...but, I like Dory fish...combination of that... and red snapper. shopping list
How to make it
- ~ For Your French Fish ~
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and onion and saute until beautiful in color.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and cook for a couple of minutes,until the tomatoes have softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste,garlic,fennel,bay leaf and orange peel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the water,add the fish,bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Lay aside the bay leaf and orange peel.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until...Smooth.
- Add the saffron and return to medium heat heat.
- Serve Hot.
- ~ Your Rouille au Safran ~
- 6 Cloves of Garlic,peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground White Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Saffron Threads
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crush the garlic with the salt...I prefer to us a mortar and pestle,but I guess you could whack it and chop the heck out of it any way you please.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the pepper,saffron...this is a very expensive spice...I use it...just because... it makes me feel special.
- Add the egg yolks.
- Let stand about.. for about 5 minutes...then add the oil in a thin,steady trickle,stirring constantly,until smooth and creamy.
- Place this in a crystal bowl with a serving spoon, in the center of the table, and allow your guest to help their self.
- You will be placing this in a swirl on the top of your Dory In The Deep.
- ~ DIVE IN ~
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!