Spiced Apple-oatmeal CookiesFrom kalakala 5 years ago
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/2 Cup shortening shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 Large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups cinnamon applesauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 3 Cups uncooked quick-cooking oats shopping list
- 1 Cup chopped dried apples shopping list
- 1 Cup raisins (baking raisins work best) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, applesauce, and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Stir in oats, chopped dried apple, and raisins.
- Drop dough by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely.