Grilled Whole Red Snapper / Charred Tomato Jalapeno Vinaigrette.From twill10 6 years ago
- Grilled Whole red snapper / Charred tomato jalapeno vinaigrette. shopping list
- from Grillin and Chillin shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb whole red snapper -- scaled : & gutted 4 TB olive oil : salt : freshly ground black pepper Prepare a wood or charcoal grill and let it burn down to embers. shopping list
- Rub each fillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill for 7 minutes on each side or until cooked. Serve with Charred tomatoJalapeno vinaigrette. shopping list
How to make it
- Charred Tomato, Jalapeno Vinaigrette
- Yield: 1 Servings
- 1 2 whole tomatoes
- 1 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB red onion -- diced
- 1 TB garlic -- minced
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- 1 TB rice wine vinegar
- 1 c olive oil
- 1 TB sesame oil
- 2 TB basil chiffonnade
- 1 TB Ancho chile powder
- : salt
- : freshly ground black pepper
- As soon as the snapper comes off the grill, sprinkle it with the
- vinaigrette (which has to be at room temperature). The vinaigrette
- heats up on the fish and all the flavors spring to life.
- Brush the jalapenos and tomatoes with olive oil, and cook on the grill
- until the skin is charred. Let the peppers and tomatoes cool and then
- coarsely chop the tomatoes and slice the jalapenos thin.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients, including
- the salt and pepper to taste, with the jalapenos and tomatoes, and
- whisk until blended. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Spoon the vinaigrette, to taste, over the fish as soon as you take it
- off the grill and serve immediately.
- Yield: 2 cups
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!