Bean Taco SaladFrom howiej 7 years ago
- 1 15 oz or 15 1/2 oz can navy or great northern beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 of a 15 oz can reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup salsa shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 6 c. shredded iceberg or leaf lettuce shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1 oz) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup baked tortilla chips shopping list
- Fat-fee dairy sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1 - For topping, in a medium saucepan stir together the navy or great northern beans, black beans, salsa, chili powder, and garlic powder. Cook over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2 - Meanwhile, divide the shredded lettuce among 4 serving plates. Top with bean mixture, tomatoes, sweet pepper, cheese, olives (if desired). Garnish salads with chips. If desired, top each salad with a spoonful of sour cream. Makes 4 main dish servings.
The Cookhowiej Stockton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!