Cheese GritsFrom robin64 6 years ago
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup quick cooking grits, dry shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 T. butter shopping list
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar, shredded shopping list
- 1 t. seasoning salt shopping list
- 1 - 1/2 t. worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 t. hot pepper sauce - I use Tabasco shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease baking dish. I use a square baking dish but a souffle dish works too.
- Cook grits according to directions.
- After the grits are done, stir in the butter, cheese, seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce and salt.
- Continue cooking until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly and fold in eggs. Here I temper my eggs so I don't have to wait so long. To temper eggs, add a little bit of the hot mixture to the egg mixture, stirring constantly. This heats up the egg without cooking it preventing the egg from cooking when added to the grits mixture
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and cook until the top is lightly browned.
The Cookrobin64 Tinytown, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!