Lemon Meringue PieFrom robin64 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 - 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers shopping list
- 2-3 t. sugar shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3 eggs, separated - you'll need the whites and the yolks shopping list
- juice of three lemons shopping list
- Meringue: shopping list
- Saved egg whites shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 t. cream of tartar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter
- Spread into pie pan and press down evenly
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and eggs yolks. Add lemon juice to taste. You might not need to use all the juice.
- Pour into prepared crust
- Use a glass bowl to mix your meringue. I set mine in the freezer for a few minutes before use.
- Add the egg whites and the cream of tartar. Beat the mixture on high.
- Add sugar while beating, one tablespoon at a time.
- Add vanilla extract while beating.
- Beat mixture until it stands in a peak when you lift the beaters out.
- Spread over the prepared pie
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the meringue starts to brown.
The Cookrobin64 Tinytown, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!