White Chicken ChileFrom robin64 6 years ago
- 1 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 4 oz. can chopped green chile peppers shopping list
- 2 t. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 t. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 t. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast shopping list
- 3 cans white beans - I use great northern but there are several kinds out there shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan
- Slowly cook and stir the onion and garlic until tender.
- Mix the jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender.
- Mix in the chicken broth, chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese to each bowl before serving.
- This is great served with lightly fried corn tortillas.