Cheddar and Chipotle Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter chilled and cubed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 green onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo puree shopping list
- 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a mixing bowl sift together the first 5 ingredients.
- Using a pastry blender or the prongs of a fork incorporate chilled butter into flour until mixture resembles a course meal.
- Add cheese, green onion, cilantro and garlic to the mixing bowl then mix until well blended.
- Add chipotle puree to the buttermilk then stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until dough first forms.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured large piece of parchment paper.
- Using your hands form dough into a cohesive mound then using a floured rolling pin roll dough out into a 1/2" layer working from the middle out.
- Using the parchment to help you lift it fold the dough in half lengthwise then in half again.
- Roll dough out into a thick layer then cut biscuits out with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on a sheet pan.
- Gently work the leftover dough back into a similar width and continue making as many biscuits as possible.
- Brush tops of the biscuits with butter then bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven then allow to cool.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!