Delish Crispy Rice BallsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 cup plain soymilk shopping list
- 1 cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp agave nectar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw short-grain brown rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal (use a gluten-free variety like Nature's Path if need be) shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine soymilk, apple juice, sugar, agave nectar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer.
- Add rice and stir in.
- Partially cover, and cook over low heat for 50 minutes.
- Stir in the raisins and re-cover (again, leave a small gap with the lid), cook a further 35 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Lightly crush the rice cereal in a zip-top bag.
- Combine coconut and rice cereal in a shallow dish.
- Roll rice pudding mixture into small balls (you should get about 24) and then roll in the coating mixture.
- Place onto a parchment or foil lined baking sheet and chill 2 hours before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members