Chocolate Lava CakesFrom Brenty10 4 years ago
How to make it
- How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- 1. Melt chocolate on low flame in a bain-marie (double boiler). When melted, take of flame, and…
- 2. Stir in diced butter, until it melts.
- 3. In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until it starts to whiten.
- 4. Stir in melted chocolate and then the flour.
- 5. Butter 4 individual ramekins, and pour in chocolate batter.
- 6. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- 7. Tip ramekins upside down onto dessert plates and serve.
- You can definitely prepare your chocolate lave cake recipe ahead of time, and then bake 10 minutes before serving. I always do it this way!
- In terms of buttering the ramekins: butter the bottoms first, and then butter the sides, wiping from the bottom up to the top. It helps the chocolate to rise even more.
- In terms of baking time… well, it depends on how runny you want it! I like it with a super-liquid-oozing center -- so do my guests! For this, you want the top to be cooked through, but the center to be liquid. You can check with a toothpick after 10 minutes of baking.
- If you don't like liquid-center chocolate desserts, just cook for a little longer, and you will have an incredibly moist chocolate cake. So, either way, you can't go wrong!
- Serving Ideas:
- You can, if you want, serve your chocolate lava cake recipe with a Crème Anglaise (English Cream) or a Coulis aux Framboises (Raspberry Sauce). Personally, I always serve it as is (no sauce). And honestly, everyone FALLS IN LOVE with this dessert!!! How could they not?!!!