Southern CornbreadFrom anj 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir dry ingredients together. Add egg and buttermilk.
- Put shortening in cast iron skillet and put skillet in oven to melt the shortening.
- Take skillet out of oven and stir in batter, stirring into shortening. You should hear the batter sizzling as it is stirred into the shortening.
- Return to oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, cut into wedges and serve,
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!