Chocolate Carmel CookiesFrom tryn 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white sugar shopping list
- 48 chocolate-covered caramel candies shopping list
- I use Rollo's chocolate covered carmels. shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 3.Combine remaining 1/2 cup nuts with the 1 tablespoon sugar. Divide the dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time, leaving the remainder in the refrigerator until needed. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate covered caramel. Roll into a ball. Dip the tops into the sugar mixture. Place sugar side up, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- 4.Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.