Chile RellenosFrom circlemoon8 6 years ago
How to make it
- Clean and seed chilies, cut in half lengthwise.
- Submerge each half of green chile into beaten eggs.
- Then with the skin side down, place in seasoned flour. Pressing down on the chile to complete coat the back side.
- Then place on baking sheet. Each relleno is two halves of the chilies; place one above the other -- see picture.
- On the 'bottom' half put onion.
- Top with cheese.
- Then pull the 'top' half over the bottom half.
- When all of the halves are filled place the baking sheet in the frig for at least 1/2 hour. This will help hold the rellenos together while frying.
- When frying the renellos, it is easier to use a double spatula in one hand and another spatula in the other. This will also help it stay together when placing in the frying pan and flipping. Brown the relleno on both sides.
- Serve with warmed El Pato. (El Pato is a Mexican tomato sauce.)