Cider-glazed Chicken With Browned Butter-pecan RiceFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 1 (3.5 oz) bag boil-in-bag brown rice(such as Uncle Ben's) shopping list
- 2 TB butter,divided shopping list
- 1 lb chicken breast cutlets(about 4) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt,divided shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c apple cider shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 TB chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice according to directions in small saucepan,omitting salt and fat;drain.
- While rice cooks,melt 1 tsp butter in large,heavy skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan;cook 3 mins on each side or till done. Remove from pan. Add cider and mustard to pan,scraping pan to loosen browned bits;cook 2 to 3 mins or till syrupy. Add chicken to pan,turning to coat. Remove from heat;set aside.
- Melt remaining 5 tsp butter in saucepan over med-high heat;cook for 2 mins or till browned and fragrant. Lower heat to med;add pecans,and cook for 1 min or till toasted,stirring frequently.
- Add rice and remaining 1/2 tspsalt;toss well to coat. Serve rice with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.