Southwest Chicken SoupFrom zoe 9 years ago
- 1 1/4 lb. of skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 c. of diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 c. of chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 c. of chopped celery shopping list
- 1 diced avocado shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 c. of shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tsp. of ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 c. of water shopping list
- 3 (14 oz) cans of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 c. of crushed tortilla chips shopping list
How to make it
- First preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Then lay chicken pieces on baking sheet and sprinkle with taco seasonings.
- Let this cook 30-35 min.
- Cool and shred.
- Now add olive oil to a pot over medium flame.
- Saute the onions and celery until tender.
- Now sprinkle the cumin, pepper, and rest of taco seasoning.
- Let these flavors simmer for aprox. 30 min.
- Now add in the tomatoes, cilantro, and the chicken ,and let cook approx. 5 more min.
- Serve this hot with sliced of avocado and shredded cheese and chips.