Curried Chick Peas And Tofu With Bok ChoyFrom bostonmargy 4 years ago
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed shopping list
- 2 tbs vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- Pinch of cayenne or hot sauce (optional) shopping list
- 1 cake tofu (3/4 lb), cut into cubes shopping list
- 2 cups undrained cooked chick peas (16 oz can) shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups) shopping list
- Pinch of salt, to taste shopping list
- Chopped, fresh cilantro (optional) shopping list
- plain yogurt (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until the onion is translucent, stirring occasionally. Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper and optional cayenne. Add the cubed tofu and cook for a minute or so, stirring occasionally. Add the chick peas with about 1/2 cup of their cooking liquid. Simmer 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes or so, or until done.
- Served with cilantro or yogurt, if desired.
The Cookbostonmargy Arlington, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!