Chipotle Oven-fried ChickenFrom efitobx 3 years ago
- 3 cups plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 medium chipotle chiles, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced. shopping list
- 4 chicken thighs,4 drumsticks, and 4 breasts, skinned. shopping list
- 4 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups crackers shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 Tbs. dried thyme shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. chipotle powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine yogurt and chipotles in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Add garlic, and pulse until well blended. Pour into large bowl, and set aside.
- 2. Add chicken to yogurt-chipotle mixture, turn to coat pieces well, cover, and marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat large, shallow baking pan with olive oil, and set aside.
- 4. Add crackers to food processor, and pulse until coarsely ground. Add oregano, thyme, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper. Pulse to blend well. Pour into shallow dish.
- 5. Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess. Dredge each piece of chicken in cracker mixture to coat well.
- 6. Place chicken on large baking sheet, and bake 40 to 55 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown. (If crust is browns before chicken is cooked, cover baking sheet with foil, and continue baking until chicken is done.) Remove from oven, and serve hot.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!