Eggplant Spiral BakeFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1 lb eggplant, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 8 oz high-fibre rotini pasta shopping list
- 1 medium white onion, diced shopping list
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 (28-oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes (undrained) shopping list
- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, de-stemmed shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, de-stemmed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, divided shopping list
- 12.3 oz low-fat silken tofu (Mori Nu) shopping list
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- pinch red pepper flakes shopping list
- zest of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 6 oz Vegan "Mozzarealla" cheese (I used Galaxy brand) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Place eggplant in a single layer on the sheet. Roast 35 minutes, stirring twice during cooking.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes shy of it's "al dente" cook time. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook onions and mushroom in a small mount of water or non-stick cooking spray until the onion begins to colour. Add garlic and cook until it becomes fragrant.
- Stir in both tomatoes, herbs, slalt, pepper and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Reduce heat and cook for 50 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of a 9x13" pan, then add eggplant and cooked pasta to the pot and stir to coat well. Set aside.
- In a food processor, puree tofu, nutmeg, pepper flakes, lemon zest, salt and remaining lemon juice.
- Pulse in spinach. Swirl into pasta mixture gently and turn the whole mixture into the pan. Cover the tip with Vegan cheese"
- Cover and bake 1 hour, then uncover and bake another 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!