Caramel Apple EmpanadasFrom rhodesbread 6 years ago
- 12 Rhodes™ dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature shopping list
- 10 caramels, cut into 6 pieces each shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, chopped granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- melted butter shopping list
- cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten each roll into a 4-5 inch circle.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while preparing filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine caramels, flour, apples, pecans, ice cream topping and lemon juice.
- Remove wrap from dough and place 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each dough circle.
- Brush edges of dough with milk and fold in half.
- Seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar, if desired.
The Cookrhodesbread Sandy, Utah
- Not added to any groups yet!