Old World Rye BreadFrom midgelet 3 years ago
How to make it
- Dissolve yeast in some of the water with 1 tsp of sugar till foamy
- In a large bowl add the flour, cornstarch, remaining sugar and salt and mix well. make a well in the center and add the eggs, yeast and remaining water.
- Mix very well with a wooden spoon. Then knead by hand until elastic, adding only enough more water if needed or some extra flour to make a smooth , non sticky dough.Place in a greased 8 inch loaf pan and smooth out evenly.
- let rise in a warm place until dough rises to the top of the pan.
- brush top with olive oil and dust with caraway seeds
- Bake in a 350F oven 25 to 20 minutes or bread is browned and hollow when thumped on the bottom of the loaf. Let cool before slicing.
- Note: this has one rise and if desired may also mix and knead the dough in your bread machine