Grandma's BracioleFrom FavoriteFixins 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 lb top round steak shopping list
- 1/3 c parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or similar amount of garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon parsley shopping list
- 1/4 c raisins (optional) shopping list
- 6 oz Mozzarella slices shopping list
- 6 ts butter shopping list
- salt/pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into 4-6 pieces and pound each piece to flatten very thin.
- Place mozzarella and butter on each piece then sprinkle with Parmesan, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Roll each piece and tie securely with string, or fasten with toothpicks.
- Saute in olive oil with salt and pepper until steak rolls are browned on all sides.
- Drop into your favorite tomato sauce and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until fork tender.
- Remove from sauce, let cool slightly then carefully remove string and serve with your favorte pasta.
- Note: If using toothpicks, be extra careful to remove them, especially if serving to children!
- As for the raisins. My mother never used them, I don't use them either. Some Italian families do, depending what Region their family was from in Italy. It's all a matter of taste and you might like to make a few with and a few without!
People Who Like This Dish 13
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!