Chicken -n- DumplingsFrom bettyxxoxx 4 years ago
- 4 cups of water shopping list
- chicken (can use 1 lb of boneless skinless, or two whole leg & thigh quarters) shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth (14 ounce) shopping list
- 1 family size can Cream of chicken (26 ounce) shopping list
- 2 cans of Grands buttermilk biscuits (8 count) shopping list
- 2 pinches of fresh basil shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- italian seasonings to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Take a large pot, and fill it halfway with water. Bring it to a boil, and add the chicken.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove it and set it aside to cool.
- Add the can of chicken broth to the boiling water.
- Add the can of cream of chicken, and stir until it is all broken up.
- Add the basil to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn your burner to low, and add the biscuits. Pinch off each biscuit four times, so you have five dumplings out of each biscuit. Drop each pinch into the boiling pot.
- At this point, you can NOT walk away from the stove.
- When the dumplings start to rise, you need to carefully press them under, into the soup. Do not stir, or you will dissolve your dumplings.
- While watching the pot, you may shred, or cut up your chicken into bite size pieces.
- Once the dumplings are no longer floating, add the chicken to the pot.
- Stir easily, turning the dumplings over and under.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
The Cookbettyxxoxx N Little Rock, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!