Hawaiian Upside-down Pumpkin Gingerbread CakeFrom mrcooksalot 4 years ago
- TOPPING shopping list
- •Nonstick vegetable oil spray shopping list
- •2/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- •1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- •2 tablespoons frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- •1 teaspoon mild-flavored (light) molasses shopping list
- •1 ripe pineapple, peeled shopping list
- cake shopping list
- •2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- •2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- •2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- •1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- •3/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- •1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- •1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- •1 cup sugar shopping list
- •2 large eggs shopping list
- •1/2 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses shopping list
- •1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin shopping list
- •1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- •Whipped cream shopping list
How to make it
- •Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 x 9 x 2-inch metal baking pan with nonstick spray. Combine sugar, butter, pineapple juice concentrate, and molasses in heavy small saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, whisking until sugar dissolves and syrup is smooth; boil 1 minute. Pour evenly into prepared pan.
- •Cut off one 1/3-inch-thick round from pineapple; cut out core. Place round in syrup in pan. Stand pineapple on end. Cut lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Using 3 round cutters of different sizes, cut out rounds from pineapple slices, avoiding core. Arrange rounds close together in single layer in free-form design in syrup.
- •Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar and beat to blend. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Beat in molasses, then pumpkin. Beat in dry ingredients just until blended, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in 1/2 cup boiling water. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- •Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan 45 minutes. Place platter over pan and invert. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently lift off pan. Serve cake warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!