Santa Fe Stuffed ChickenFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 3/4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/2 c unseasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 TB butter shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped celery shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 c corn shopping list
- 1 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 TB chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 4 chicken breast halves,bone-in,skin on shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Spray 12x8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In small bowl,combine chili powder,cumin.salt and paprika;mix well. Reserve 1 tsp seasoning mixture;set aside. To remaining seasoning mixture,add bread crumbs;mix well
- 2. In med skillet,melt butter over med heat. Add celery and onion;cook 5 to 7 mins or till veggies are tender. SAdd corn,cheese,cilantro and bread crumb mixture;mix well.
- 3. Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form pocket between skin and meat. Fill each pocket with about 1/2 c corn mixture;secure opening with toothpick. Place skin side up in baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with reserved seasoning mixture.
- 4. Broil 4 to 6' from heat for 5-7 mins or till skin is brown.
- 5. Remove baking dish from oven;cover with foil. Bake in 350' oven for 35-40 mins or till juices run clear