Cream Cheese CookiesFrom anj 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream sugar and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and walnuts.
- Gradually add flour mixture to sugar and cream cheese mixture. Chill cookie dough for about an hour.
- Drop by teaspoonful (I use a small cookie scoop) into a bowl of sugar and roll to coat. Place on baking sheet about 1" apart and flatten slightly. I use the bottom of a glass. If the balls haven't been rolled in sugar, dip glass in sugar to prevent sticking.
- Put cookie sheet in preheated oven for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before removing from sheet. Once removed from sheet, cool completely and store in an airtight container. (We use a zip-lock bag.)
- 1.This dough is very sticky due to using cream cheese instead of butter. Rolling them in sugar makes the balls much easier to handle.
- 2. These cookies do not spread. If left in a mound, they will come out as a mound. Those are good too, but we like them better flattened because it gives more surface for the crispy.
The Cookanj Mabank, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!