Apple Dumplings With Custard SauceFrom riverrat715 4 years ago
- Dumplings shopping list
- 8 medium sized apples shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 1 package of phyllo dough shopping list
- 1 cp. . turbinado (raw) sugar shopping list
- 4 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 of salt shopping list
- custard Sauce shopping list
- custard sauce: shopping list
- 2 eggs well beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cp. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cps. scalded milk shopping list
- 1 tbs.Vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and core your apples (I like a Granny Smith for the wonderful tartness but what ever apple you like is fine).
- Mix the sugar and spices together in a bowl
- Melt one stick of the butter . Meanwhile, take out your phyllo dough Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel to prevent the sheets from drying out. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat each sheet with butter Stuff each apple with as much of the sugar mixture as you can. Place apple in center of phyllo sheets use about 5 sheets per apple. Fold the phyllo dough over and around the apple so it is completely wrapped and brush the outside with butter. Place in large glass baking dish and sprinkle with any left over sugar mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350° or until the apple has softened.
- In the mean time scald milk in microwave. Poor in to a small heavy pan. Add sugar and cornstarch Stir to disolve. Slowly heat. Stirr some of hot milk into eggs to temper them. Add eggs to custard. Continue to gently cook, stirring all the time until your sauce coats your spoon. Remove from heat and add vanilla. For a richer sauce stir in 1 tbs butter. I like to serve this warm but it is also wonderful cold. I like to garnish with a touch of whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg.. Believe me, they will be begging for more.
The Cookriverrat715 Small Town, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!