Baked Buffalo WingsFrom kylaz 3 years ago
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, preferably Frank's louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce, plus more to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 pounds chicken wings (18 wings), split and tips discarded shopping list
Creamy blue cheese dressing & Vegetables
- 2 1/2 ounces blue cheese , crumbled (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, cut into thin sticks shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices shopping list
How to make it
For the Sauce
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Whisk in hot sauces, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Wings
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Mix together cayenne, black pepper, salt, and cornstarch in small bowl. Dry chicken with paper towels and place pieces in large mixing bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture over wings and toss with rubber spatula until evenly coated.
- In a large baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. Bake in the preheated oven approximately 50 minutes until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.
For the Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing & Vegetables
- Mash blue cheese and buttermilk in small bowl with fork until mixture resembles cottage cheese with small curds. Stir in remaining ingredients (up to carrot and celery sticks). Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Can be covered and refrigerated up to 4 days.
- Pour sauce mixture into large bowl, add chicken wings, and toss until wings are uniformly coated. Serve immediately with the carrot and celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on side.